users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installation problem w/ glassfish

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 12:13:39 -0700

Please see inline...

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

>Snjezana,
>
>Actually, it's exactly as i typed:
>
>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01\lib\tools.jar

That's fine, problem was that this location should have matched your
JAVA_HOME and it didn't...

>It's ironic because my system says my java version is jdk1.6.0_03:
>
>C:\>java -version
>java version "1.6.0_03"
>Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_03-b05)
>Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode, sharing)
>
>Perhaps it's referencing the JRE version?

This is expected if in addition to JDK 1.6.0_01 you also installed JRE
1.6.0_03. Unless you do some serious tweaking of your path, java
executable will be picked up from public JRE installation located in
system folder.
Ant will, however, use JAVA_HOME to find appropriate java executable for
its JVM and pass the same value to GlassFish configuration files, so as
long as your JAVA_HOME points to full JDK installation everything else
will magically work :-)