users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installation problem w/ glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 12:27:38 PDT

> you need to invoke this from the root of the
> installed bits, not the
> ANT directory. setup.xml is there.
> You can also use the IzPack installer:
> http://izpack.org/showcase-glassfish-v2/
> -Alexis

Alexis,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if i follow your comment, "you need to invoke this from the root of the installed bits, not the ANT directory. setup.xml is there."

Are you suggesting that I invoke it from C:/glassfish/ directory? I pose this question because that's where i see the setup.xml file.

I've invoked it from there and I get the error message that my JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK path, which i know is an untruth due to the evidence i provided in my initial post.

I also tried the installer you suggested/provided and I get the same error mesage.

Any more ideas on what I can try? Thanks for your help.
[Message sent by forum member 'dharp3r' (dharp3r)]