users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installation problem w/ glassfish

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 12:25:51 -0700

Please see inline...

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

>>you need to invoke this from the root of the
>>installed bits, not the
>>ANT directory. setup.xml is there.
>>You can also use the IzPack installer:
>>http://izpack.org/showcase-glassfish-v2/
>>-Alexis
>>

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Alexis,
>
>Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if i follow your comment, "you need to invoke this from the root of the installed bits, not the ANT directory. setup.xml is there."
>
>Are you suggesting that I invoke it from C:/glassfish/ directory? I pose this question because that's where i see the setup.xml file.

Yes, this is correct. In your case you should enter C:\glassfish
directory and run this command there:

lib\ant\bin\ant -f setup.xml

>I've invoked it from there and I get the error message that my JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK path, which i know is an untruth due to the evidence i provided in my initial post.
>
>I also tried the installer you suggested/provided and I get the same error mesage.

Well, you should take that error message seriously. Note that JAVA_HOME
set in your system variables has following content:

.;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_03\bin

This is incorrect. It should be set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_03
Also, your user PATH seems to have an extra space character in JDK
installation directory.

In theory your user JAVA_HOME should take precedence over system
JAVA_HOME but since the current value of system JAVA_HOME doesn't make
sense it would be good if you can fix it, make sure that you open fresh
command prompt Windows and run ant -f setup.xml again.