users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deploying an EAR with MDB that uses an ActiveMQ Connector Resource

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 07:07:29 PDT

First, I apologize for butting into your thread...
But I am ripping my hair out on ActiveMQ integration issues...

Some quick background...
I have ActiveMQ deployed UNDER JBoss...in other words, JBoss starts the activemq process and manages it... This is a new project and we would like to use JavaEE5 and
EJB3 standards which JBoss 4.2.2 only partially supports...So, I am investigating GlassFish as a possible alternative to JBoss but cannot find instructions on how to EMBED ActiveMQ in the GlassFish App Server...

I have gone through the links [1] and [2] listed above and using [2] I have been able to deploy the activemq connector and an MDB to pick up messages...BUT this is with ActiveMQ running as its own process. Perhaps I am not understanding the instructions but link [1] also seems to be creating a bridge/connection but not actually launching the activemq process.

OK, NOW THE REAL QUESTION: Can you point me to instructions on how to EMBED
ActiveMQ under GlassFish? Or set me straight on my expectations here?

Thanks so much for your help.
[Message sent by forum member 'suedonne123' (suedonne123)]