users@glassfish.java.net

Script Entity Beans using Groovy

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 05:28:23 PDT

Hi,

We are currently doing a pilot project using Java EE and Glassfish.
Something we would like to do is to be able to write some of the Entity beans using a scripting language.
I have had a look at groovy and seen some examples of it being used with JPA in a standalone java application.
I cannot get this working in Glassfish as the scripted classes cannot be found when deploying the application.

I have tried a few things like creating a LicecycleListener where I load the classes at server startup.
I can then load them using the GroovyClassloader, but the EJBClassloader cannot find them.

Is this at all possible to achieve using Glassfish?

Thanks for your help

Hans
[Message sent by forum member 'hansflhotmailcom' (hansflhotmailcom)]