users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish ThreadDeath issue

From: lanceb <lance.buchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 05:05:02 -0700 (PDT)

That does seem to be related to the issue I have.

Another part of the stack trace is (earlier in the sequence):

PWC1635: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
already (the eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for
debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which
caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact)
javax.servlet.ServletException: PWC1244: Servlet execution threw an
exception
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(ApplicationFilterChain.java:434)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:317)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:198)
        at
com.sun.webui.jsf.util.UploadFilter.doFilter(UploadFilter.java:267)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:198)
        at com.corejsf.LogonFilter.doFilter(LogonFilter.java:135)
<<<

The wiki mentions "this would happen if the web application's classloader
was cached, but not cleared from the cache" - I'm not sure what the caching
refers to in this context. How do I clear the cache (I've tried removing the
web/build folder)?