users@glassfish.java.net

CometHandler#onInterrupt() incompatibility

From: Leonid Mokrushin <leonid.mokrushin_at_ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:58:55 +0200

My application is dependent on the fact of detecting the loss of the
connection during the long-polling or streaming comet request. As far as
I understand the onInterrupt() method of the CometHandler is supposed to
be called in such cases. And it is very easy to test it by just pressing
the stop button in the browser. I noticed that in Glassfish v2ur2 as
well as v3tp2 the method is not called however in v2.1b35 it is. I guess
not handling of this event may be used for DoS attacks as well as cause
problems for applications like mine. Is it supposed to be fixed in v3
and/or v2 later on?

Thanx
/Leonid Mokrushin