users@glassfish.java.net

Re: CometHandler#onInterrupt() incompatibility

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:14:26 -0400

Salut,

Leonid Mokrushin wrote:
> My application is dependent on the fact of detecting the loss of the
> connection during the long-polling or streaming comet request. As far as
> I understand the onInterrupt() method of the CometHandler is supposed to
> be called in such cases.

Indeed.

And it is very easy to test it by just pressing
> the stop button in the browser. I noticed that in Glassfish v2ur2 as
> well as v3tp2 the method is not called however in v2.1b35 it is.

Hum...which OS are you using on the server side and which browser? I've
just tested with Firefox on MacOS and v3 (not tp2, but current release)
on the Ubuntu. I've also tested with ur2 b4 on the same setup and it works.

  I guess
> not handling of this event may be used for DoS attacks as well as cause
> problems for applications like mine. Is it supposed to be fixed in v3
> and/or v2 later on?

Can you send me a test case that reproduce the problem?

Thanks!

-- Jeanfrancois