users@glassfish.java.net

Re: appservAgentService.exe not functional on Windows 2003

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:38:21 -0400

I think Sun has specifically not put much time into Windows Service
related testing.

To get it working I had to find the command line string from an older
doc (8.x I think?) last summer, then had trouble with spaces in my
path. I had to get help from this mailing list, and eventually they
sent me source code that builds the command to be executed. I turned
that into a utility and put it on the GlassFish wiki. However, there
was still an undocumented problem. java.exe would terminate whenever I
logged out of Windows. I had to spend more time to determine that we
require -Xrs JVM option to tell the JVM not to shutdown on Windows
logout. There is/was a ticket to add this to the official documentation.

The best way to get Sun's attention is to create tickets with P1 or P2
priority :) Or, buy a support contract.

Ryan