users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Slow to instaniate an object in Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 07:12:38 PDT

Let me clarify the code structure.

All contents of our own web application is located in the WEB-INF/classes folder. All required libraries are located in the WEB-INF\lib folder. The slowness seems to be coming from loading classes inside a JAR under WEB-INF\lib. (And now I wonder if it is the case that the class was read from the JAR every time it is to be instantiated....)

Because I am using Apache wicket framework, when data is displayed on a table, at least one POJO needs to be instantiated for each cell to represent the cell value, sometimes more than 1 depending on the type of value generated.

The comparison b/w jetty and glassfish was done on the same environment.

Thanks all for your suggestions so far, but I still have the same problem, despite tuning grizzly, turned off security, and make the delegate=false in sub-web.xml, but none of them seems to work right now. But still many thanks to your help and I'd appreciate any help I can get.
[Message sent by forum member 'raysung78' (raysung78)]