users@glassfish.java.net

Slow to instaniate an object in Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 14:42:43 PDT

Hi:

I just moved a web application (done with Apache Wicket) from running on embedded Jetty to Glassfish 9.1_02. Both embedded jetty and Glassfish are running on Java 1.6.0_01. While most of the things are working great, one of the problem I am running into is now it takes more time to instantiate an object in the web application.

When running on embedded Jetty, it takes less than 1 msec to instantiate 1000 new objects on a web page. With exactly the same code base, but running it on Glassfish, it takes about 1.6 - 2 seconds to instantiate 1000 new objects. This is causing a performance hit on the web application.

I believe there got to be a way to tune this. However, I am not quite sure exactly where the problem is. I suspect it is the classloader. JVM's classloader is simply much faster than glassfish classloader, but I cannot be certain.

I would appreciate any help to help me identify/solve the problem.
Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'raysung78' (raysung78)]