users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to back up and restore the GF derby databases

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 13:58:14 +0530

Can you try setting the property "restoreFrom" via datasource property
"connectionAttributes"

eg:
connectionAttributes=";create=true" // can be found in appserver's
DerbyPool
properties

similarly try setting:
connectionAttributes=";create=true;restoreFrom=path"

[I havent tried it, and you may have to remove the property once the
backup is complete.]

Probably, posting a query in apache derby forum will also help.

Thanks,
-Jagadish