users@glassfish.java.net

How to back up and restore the GF derby databases

From: Paul MERLIN <paul_at_nosphere.org>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 09:40:34 +0200

Hi all,

I'm trying to script online backups and offline restore of derby databases
presents in the derby bundled with glassfish.

Using the backup procedure explained in the derby doc was not hard :
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/adminguide/cadminhubbkup01.html

Now I'm stuck with the restore step which is explained here :
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/adminguide/tadminhubbkup44.html

I'm stuck because the restoreFrom directive has to be given to derby on
the "boot time connection URL". As I'm starting/stopping derby with
the "asadmin [start|stop]-stabase" command I wonder how can I add this
directive on demand.

Thanks in advance

Paul