users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS Context connection problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 12:28:26 PDT

I'm having an issue using the InitialContext(Hashtable env) constructor as well.

It does work if you set the properties you need via JVM args with -D, or System.setPropery(...) at runtime.

The properties you need to set (that work for me, atleast) are:

System.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost", "localhost");
System.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort", "7037");

7037 is the IIOP listen port, this is different from the default since I have a custom domain. I believe the default is 3700, but you can see what it is set to in the admin console under Configuration > ORB > IIOP Listeners
[Message sent by forum member 'asherwin' (asherwin)]