users@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] Comet/Bayeux available in GlassFish v3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:46:36 PDT

Hi JFA,
     Thanks for the prompt response. I was trying to do the same thing which you have explained before posting my initial query in this forum. But not able to get the notification sent over to client.
I did following for the experiment,
1. I took your chat application with Dojo
2. Added one more servlet called ChangePusher
3. I added following code in the doGet and doPost methods
            CometEngine cometEngine = CometEngine.getEngine();
            CometContext cometContext = cometEngine.getCometContext(contextPath);
            cometContext.notify("Got Message from ChangePusher" + info);
here, contextPath="pmschat" I modified in the CometdServlet's init parameter.

Pls look at the attached files for web.xml and my new servlet whcih try to push data to the cometcontext.
I believed that when i invoke ChangePusher servlet, it will notify the cometcontext and hence all the client should be able to see the message. But it is not happening. Please let me know, if i miss something.
Thanks in advance
[Message sent by forum member 'sendtopms' (sendtopms)]