users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How bind resources to naming service

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:12:13 +0530

A Java EE application is allowed to update JNDI; only read-only APIs are
available. The Java EE platform spec says the following:

/EE.5.3.4 Java EE Product Provider s Responsibilities

The Java EE Product Provider has the following responsibilities:
The container must ensure that the application component instances have
only read access to their naming context. The container must throw the
javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException from all the methods of the
javax.naming.Context interface that modify the environment naming
context and its subcontexts./

Thanks,
Sahoo