users@glassfish.java.net

If a instance is stopped, how to continue the session in the other?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:51:22 PDT

hi all,

I followed the typical process described in many blogs:
http://blog.augmentedfragments.com/2007/11/project-part-2-glassfish-cluster.html

and so I have two machines with the configuration:
cluster
  node1
        instance1

  node2
       instance2

then I connect to the node1 by the url:
http://<node1HostName>:<node1Port>/clusterjsp/

How to ensure the following situation:
- stop the node 1 instance, the instance1
- the browser accessing through the link without changing
does not notice anything, the node2 start to answer

I have set the cluster "availability" box as enable.
I already did the changes </distributable> in the clusterjsp example.
I still lose the connection, is there anything that I'm missing?
(is possible to access the other machine by changing the link,
 but it creates a new session,but it should be transparent)

thanks in advance
[Message sent by forum member 'junkeira' (junkeira)]