users@glassfish.java.net

problem getting symbolic links working

From: Christian Andersson <ca_at_ofs.no>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:50:27 +0200

Hi there, this is my second question/problem.

I would like to be able to in the web applications WEB-INF directory use
an symbolic link to the lib directory (to make sure that all
webapplications that should use same jar files do use them)

the problem is that whenever I set up lib to be a symbolic link, my web
application no longer starts (I have some servlets that start up at the
begining) and inthe logs I see ClassNotfoundException:s

after searching a bit I found that to get symlinks working I needed to
turn it on bu using the allowLinking property in
[WEB-APP-DIR]/WEB-INF/sun-web.xml like this..

<sun-web-app>
   <property name="allowLinking" value="true"/>
</sun-web-app>

but symbolic links still do no work..

do I do something wrong? or is it not possible to use symbolic links for
the lib directory ?