users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish and Hibernate v3 as the JPA provider packaged in an EAR - not

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:46:00 PDT

I also tried Hibernate 3 as JPA provider in glassfish V2 some time ago as well. But I put hibernate jars into glassfish lib not ear (since also toplink is there, and not in ear).

I also set <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider> in persistence.xml, but I didn't set the other properties, nor did I create a hibernate.properties file. The application deployed and worked. But since I managed to fix the problem with toplink I was having, I switched back to toplink.

Could you explain why also those properties need to be set? I find it strange they would supply Hibernate with wrong default settings.
[Message sent by forum member 'jarol1' (jarol1)]