users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Web app stops responding to requests, admin console works fine

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:11:20 -0400

Short of changing the OS, the workaround and Microsoft patches did not
solve the issue for us.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-3530/gawlz?a=view

    Win2003 only: Non-paged pool leak memory, breaking tcp stack and
    richaccess test (6575349)

      Description

*(Windows 2003 only)* There are memory leaks on Windows 2003 systems
when performing rich access functions. The problem occurs because the
Win32 nonpaged pool keeps growing, eventually bringing down the entire
TCP/IP stack. Once the failure happens, the TCP/IP stack is left in an
recoverable state, and the only way restore it is by rebooting the
Windows 2003 system.

      Workaround

There are two workarounds to this issue:

    *

      Use Grizzly blocking mode by configuring the domain.xml
      http-listener attribute, blocking-enabled="true" or add the
      following http-listener property:

      <property name="blocking" value="true"/>

    *

      Use Windows Vista or Windows XP.