users@glassfish.java.net

[Fwd: GlassFish v2.1 update]

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:47:00 -0700

Forwarding from dev...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: GlassFish v2.1 update
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:08:31 -0700
From: Harpreet Singh <Harpreet.Singh_at_Sun.COM>
To: dev_at_glassfish.dev.java.net

As you know, GF was slated to be released for June with the feature
freeze on April 21st.

The primary driver for v2.1 is SailFin. However recently things have
changed on the SailFin end as outlined by the SailFin tech lead in the
following blog
<http://blogs.sun.com/prsad/entry/sailfin_milestone4_moves_towards_beta>.
To sum up: The beta is likely in summer.

Due to this change, we will have to move the release of GlassFish to be
in lock step with SailFin release. The final release date for SailFin
is yet to be determined. Once we have those dates, we will publish the
corresponding dates for GlassFish v2.1.

We will keep the community posted as things become clearer.

Feel free to email me in case of questions and clarifications.
Thanks
Harpreet