users@glassfish.java.net

When a session bean has remote as well as local business interface...

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:06:31 +0200

Hi there,
I am using NetBeans for JEE development and sometimes it complains like this:
"When a session bean has remote as well as local business interface,
there should not be any method common to both interfaces."
Does anyone know why is that? I think this is very inconvenient, what
am I suppose to do? Rather ignore that warning or use for example
special suffix for methods in @Local interface and inside bean
delegate that method like this:

@Stateful
public class LoanTxWorkerBean implements LoanTxWorkerLocal,LoanTxWorkerRemote {
 @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRED)
 public void save(String defaultDocumentNo) {
 }
 @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRED)
 public void save_local(String defaultDocumentNo) {
  save(defaultDocumentNo);
 }
}

What do you think?