users@glassfish.java.net

Undesired redirection when changing HTTP-listener to port 80

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:53:23 PDT

I have an issue with two separate instances of glassfish doing the same exact thing....

I want to make the URL as short as possible....so I login and change the HTTP Listener from port 8080 to port 80. Now when I try to access the Context-Root of my deployed application, the server immediately redirects to the application server root (ie, http://localhost/WebView redirects to http://localhost) which in turn has no content, and it simply shows the app servers default "Your Application Server is now running" page.

If I change the listener back to port 8080, everything works fine. (ie, http://localhost:8080/WebView actually brings up my content).

Today is NOT MY DAY with glassfish. Between this and discovering that it ignores the specified context-root in the sun-web.xml when deployed inside an enterprise module, I have about had my fill of it.

ANY tips, hints, or just generally consoling would be appreciated....

~James
[Message sent by forum member 'jamesdh' (jamesdh)]