users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to deploy a WAR as the default application on the default server?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:42:44 PDT

In response to this entire thread, I'll also add that when deploying a web module as part of a larger enterprise module, Glassfish completely ignores the value specified in the context-root element in the sun-web.xml file. Instead it simply names its context-root as the name of the actual web module.

To top it off, Glassfish doesn't even give you the option of specifiying the bundled web module to be a default app. Therefore if it is in an enterprise module, you are stuck using the web module name as part of your URL to access any content contained within it.

I am becoming ever more frustrated with the numerous inconsistencies and apparent bugs I find in glassfish every single day...
[Message sent by forum member 'jamesdh' (jamesdh)]