users@glassfish.java.net

Re: plug-in glassfish in Eclipse

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:49:06 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hello, I work on Windows XP with Eclipse Europa.
> I would like to add the glassfish plug-in.
> I have glassfish V2UR1 (windows platform) but it seems that after having untar the .jar , it misses some files in the /lib or the files are different.
>
> like :
>
> The wizard asks for appserv-rt.jar but there are only appserv-rt_XX.jar with XX two letters meaning a country (fr,es...) So I rename appserv-rt_fr.jar in appserv-rt.jar .

For where did you install this glassfish V2UR1?

> But then, same thing but with appserv-admin.jar.
> It can't find this file.
> But When I look into the lib folder, there is an archive appserv-admin.jar.pack.gz .
> so I extract it , but I end up with a appserv-admin.jar.pack.

I think it means you did not really install the app server. The
installer should unpack these gz files for you, you should not do it
yourself.

Please download a fresh V2ur1 and run the installation procedure.
Then, you'll be able to register it in Eclipse.
Ludo