users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ORB/IIOP listeners -- Connection timeout when server is not on localhos

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 05:43:54 PDT

Hi Binod,

Thanks for joining in.

I don't exactly know what you mean but the orb-listener-1 (that comes standard upon server installation) has the following setting:
Name: orb-listener-1
Network address: 0.0.0.0
Listener port: 3700
Listener: enabled
Security: not enabled
No additional properties defined
Nothing set on tab SSL

As a test I've tried to change the Network address to the external ip-address (i.e. 83.138.128.xxx).
But when I restarted the server afterwards, the server did not complete startup but ended with an error stating that there was a conflict on port 3700.
Using netstat -a listed no other process that was using this port.
After changing it back to 0.0.0.0 the server had a successful startup again.

I also tried to change the target-server name and address in the \config\sun-acc.xml to be the external ip-address of the machine (i.e. 83.138.128.xxx).
Because that did not change anything I undid this change.

No other (test)changes were made afterwards.

Bart.
[Message sent by forum member 'bertusdotcom' (bertusdotcom)]