users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How do i create a license for my J2EE product

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:38:34 PDT

> Hi,
> We have developed a J2EE web based product and
> going to
> nstall it in our client's server. I would like to
> know how

congrats.

> we can package our product so that nobody can view
> our JSPs
> and nobody has access to our class files. First I
> would
> like to know if it is possible. I would also like to
> know

you can't. Anything that's available to a determined enough cracker (no matter what it is) can be analysed and reconstructed to something resembling source code in some language.

> how we can make licensing possible so that the client
> will
> not be able to use it after a certain period. Please
> help

If you don't trust your clients to use your application only as per the terms of the contract they signed, you shouldn't do business with them.
[Message sent by forum member 'jwenting' (jwenting)]