users@glassfish.java.net

How to deploy a WAR as the default application on the default server?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:03:01 PST

Hi,

I guess this issue has been posted before, but I cannot find it now. Sorry for re-posting.

My question: I have one web archive, which shall run as the default application on the default server "_server" on "http://servername/". When I try to undeploy / redeploy it, a) the server refuses to deploy it ('cause it's in the default context) and b) it asks for a web context --- but as far as I know, the web context is set in the sun-web.xml, so why do I have to configure it on the deployment page at all? In my opinion, that's either a Glassfish design misfit, or I'm doing something wrong when deploying the default application on the default server. Despite of that, Glassfish says "Restart required" - why do I have to restart the server when I re-deploy a web archive? I never had to do this on JBoss AS.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Andreas
[Message sent by forum member 'andreasbln' (andreasbln)]