users@glassfish.java.net

Loadbalancer.xml configuration

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:08:38 PDT

I'm trying to understand how the glassfish load balancer plugin for SJSWS (6.1) handles things.

Right now we use Weblogic and simply configure all .jsp and .do requests to go to a cluster by specifying the host and port of the cluster members.

But it appears glassfish requires both the cluster and cluster member configuration to be specified in an XML file. In addition to that, _each_ application has to be specified individually. Is that really true?

Our environment is very dynamic and we have numerous applications being added daily. With Weblogic we just deploy the app to the cluster and everything is done. But it appears that Glassfish requires us to deploy the app and then on each web server that front-ends the app server cluster we need to modify the loadbalancer.xml file to add the app. Then we have to restart each web server to pick up the change.

Please tell me this isn't true and that we can do what we do with Weblogic and just send all .jsp and .do requests to Glassfish.

-Dave
[Message sent by forum member 'davideagen' (davideagen)]