users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Running Multiple JRuby on Rails Applications using the Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 08:50:46 PDT

Hello Vivek,

This exactly the kind of functionality that we would want. Many current Rails servers (such as mongrel) provide a command line flag for specifying the port which makes it incredible easy to run multiple applications at a time.

@arun I followed several of your tutorials trying to to deploy a WAR (through Goldspike and Warbler) to Glassfish V2 and I always had problems. I believe the problems were related to getting Glassfish to find the JRuby 1.1 installation. I never could get it to go correctly in my Windows test environment or on our servers. Additionally, I was able to get multiple applications deployed to Glassfish V3, but the Rails CSS and Javascript files would not load. It seems to be due to full vs. relative paths of the domain addresses.

If possible we want to deploy our apps like such:
-app1: http://host:3000
-app2: http://host:3001

not

-app1: http:host/app1
-app2: http:host/app2

We have been trying to stick Apache in front of Glassfish and use ReWrite to handle the various problems we are having.
[Message sent by forum member 'bhauff' (bhauff)]