users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Interrupting a running Servlet

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:56:35 PST

Yes, I think I get the idea.

Still I've got one question: How would I best implement the separate, independent service dealing with the C-App? I've been asking myself how this could be done and after several hours of reading I still haven't got the slightest idea. :)

Just to clarify, are we talking about a seperate process running outside the JVM of the servlet? Are we talking about a thread opened within the servlet? I'm not sure I see all through this cunning plan.

Maybe some information about the DSO implementation is helpful. There are three methods - start, stop, processData - which are to be linked by a java class and invoked by public native methods within this class. I need access to this object at any time!

I have no idea how I could access a separate process from within a java app running on the client side, much less how I could get the above object back to ivoke my native methods.

This matter is really drinving me over the edge. :)

- Thomas
[Message sent by forum member 'stylertim' (stylertim)]