users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS Standalone Client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:28:54 PST

hi all,
it looks like my word heavyweight is causing heavy discussions in this forum. I apologise if I am using the wrong terminology.
My real question will be why glassfish have heavy (here heavy means big in size) jar files like appserv-rt.jar (15MB) and webservices-rt.jar(10MB) etc... Web service client provided by Apache Axis 1.4 is around 3MB then why we have 10MB of jar? Is that these client jars are providing me some extra ordinary services?
So in order to access one JMS resource outside the glassfish I need to use 15MB (appserv-rt.jar) of code , is really not making any sense to me.

Regards,
Kuldeep
[Message sent by forum member 'cool9889' (cool9889)]