users@glassfish.java.net

Glasfish logging to syslog only?

From: Gabor Szokoli <szocske_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:00:47 +0100

Hi,

We'd like to disable direct file logging from GlassFish, while
retaining the syslog output, which works great BTW.
Setting the file attribute of the log-service element in domain.xml to
the empty string or deleting it altogether disable domain startup.

Anything better than setting it to /dev/null?

While we are at it, it would be nice to be able to specify multiple
logging destinations (like multiple files and remote syslog servers,
SNMP trap destinations, database, etc), with different configuration
(severity levels, filters, message format...) Is there a wishlist for
V4 I could add this to? :-)