users@glassfish.java.net

Problems with asadmin deploy force=true

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:45:25 PST

When trying to deploy a new version of a webapp using "asadmin deploy", the command fails because the app is already deployed. Isn't the the point of using the "force" parameter?

I have tried "--force=true", "--force" and "" (for the default force, which should be true).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am a little screwed on this, as I am trying to script deployment to many servers.

Command:
asadmin deploy --user admin --passwordfile passwd --force=true --contextroot cxtRoot --host host01 --port 4848 someNew.war

CLI171 Command deploy failed : Trying to create reference for application in target server failed; The context root [basic] in application [abydos-1.0.1] is already in use by another application on this instance [server].
[Message sent by forum member 'philion' (philion)]