users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Fresh installation of Glassfish => empty page

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:12:42 PST

I can't be 100% positive, but the port issue (failed to bind on port 0) seems to have been related to my jdk16 build: I had chosen to build jdk16 with support for IPv6. When I added the <jvm-options>-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true</jvm-options>, that error went away. Eventually, I just ended up rebuilding jdk16 without IPv6 support, and now I don't ever see the failed-to-bind-port-0 error that has been reported, and I don't have to use the <jvm-options/> element in the domain.xml.

HTH
[Message sent by forum member 'knowlton' (knowlton)]