users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS Standalone Client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 04:40:39 PST

> Are you saying that your standalone client becomes
> "heavy-weight" because you are packaging

If so, that's an incorrect definition of "heavy-weight".
I guess he means his application deployment gets rather large in diskspace due to the size of the required jars.

> them in your client? What does "heavy-weight" really
> mean? (I understand your client needs to have
> access to classes/interfaces from these jars).

heavy-weight means it has a lot of functionality.
Typically used to distinguish traditional client/server applications from terminal/web applications, the client/server application is heavy on the client side because the client contains a relatively large chunk of application business logic where in the terminal/web application this is all (or almost all) contained on the server, leaving a lightweight client.
[Message sent by forum member 'jwenting' (jwenting)]