users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installation Problems... java_app_platform_sdk-5_04-windows.exe

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:56:30 PST

I did a scan of my system for any files that still contained SUN
It came up with the following:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\
{3248F0A6-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0150060}
which contains 1033.mst &
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6.msi
Then found similar post over here that seems to correlate to problems I am having:
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=659565&tstart=225
Looked up msiexec details at Microsoft
http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/9361d377-9011-4e21-8011-db371fa220ba1033.mspx?mfr=true
However when I try & run uninstall from command line with either:
msiexec /x "J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6.msi"
msiexec /x 3248F0A6-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0150060
It says
"The installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."
I get the feeling I may have already got rid of this when I purged temp files/sdk folder after uninstall went awry...
Any ideas anyone
[Message sent by forum member 'jgf1' (jgf1)]