users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Leopard Glassfish Startup?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:27:43 PST

Hi Whartung,
I have a terrible problem with Glassfish on Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger.
I downloaded Glassfish yesterday, and I am absolutely unable to make work all the samples which use servlets or advanced functionalities.
The only samples which work are those using jsp.
I built the samples using ant.
The samples build without errors, the installation seems OK, but when I to acess the URL nothing happens at all, I have in the browser the contents of the base directory of the war archive.
There is absolutely no error message, I checked all the logs and files I could imagine, and I couldn't see a single trace of the problem.
In this case, the page displays immediately in the browser, as if the server did not loaded anything.
I checked all the XML files, and I could not find anything abnormal.
Of course, I reinstalled Glassfish threee times, and nothing has changed.
I even tryied to installed Tomcat servlet components in the ext directory, nothing changed.
My Java installation is fine, I use it continuously to build projects using Eclipse.
I must solve this problem for an important work I must deliver to a client very soon.
Could someone help me in this very bad situation ?
I have posted this message to Wolfram and Julien as well. I don't know them but they must be competent.
I thank you a lot in advance
Jacques
[Message sent by forum member 'jmicheli' (jmicheli)]