users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Leopard Glassfish Startup?

From: Hadraba Petr <hadrabap_at_bluetone.cz>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:06:50 +0100

Hello,

I think, you can utilize the daemondo programme from MacPorts and
write your own plist file for launchd. This solution is used by
PostgreSQL 8.2 and 8.3 obtained from MacPorts. If you do not want to
"sudo port install" PostgreSQL, I can provide to you the wrapping
script and the plist file. The wrapping script only calls pg_ctl to
start, stop and restart PostgreSQL server so you can simply change it
to call asadmin instead ;-)

Startup Items are loaded only when the user logs into the system that
is not usual on server machine. Because of the asadmin script quits
directly after the server is up, there is no propper chance to stop
the server correctly. The login daemon can only send the TERM signal
to the java process that is not so cool solution :-/

Good luck!

PETR