users@glassfish.java.net

Re: V2 -> AS 8.2: jdbc resource NameNotFoundException

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 05:12:13 PST

Kedar,

I understand that sun supports 9.1, however in our specific deployment it is not supported. Our deployment includes Sun Portal Server 7.1, which is not supported on 9.1, according to Sun support. Because of various requirements, including HA and hardware restrictions, we are not able to use 9.1 right now. If 9.1 was supported this problem would go away.

How do I "see" the JNDI entries? Do you mean in Admin console > Resources > JDBC > JDBC Resources? I created a the resource. I tried creating it based on my knowledge of how I created it in 9.1. After the fact, I skimmed this doc: http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-4712/ablih?a=view. Nothing popped out at me that was drastically different in the configuration. Is there a way to verify the jndi name outside the app?

I appreciate the help,

Matt
[Message sent by forum member 'phife757' (phife757)]