users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is there a way to configure a deployment timeout on glassfish v2 DAS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:20:53 PST

The JSR-88 API provides not for a timeout but for canceling an operation in progress. The ProgressObject has the isCancelSupported() and cancel() methods. But implementation of that feature is optional and the GlassFish implementation does not support canceling an operation.

The main reason, I believe, is that the internal infrastructure on top of which the JSR-88 implementation rests does not really provide the ability to cancel an operation in progress.

In the situation you describe it's not clear that would help. If the server has become memory-starved or some other catastrophic fate has befallen it then attempting to cancel an operation - if that were supported - would probably not work any more than letting the operation complete.

I am not aware of a configuration setting that would force a time-out of a deployment operation after a period of time. I'm pretty sure there is not such a setting.

I wish the news were better.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]