users@glassfish.java.net

Re: HTTP Listeners and Virtual Servers

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:21:33 -0500

Hi,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> I have read in Administration Guide for SJSAS 8.2 that one HTTP Listener may use with one virtual server. But can I use one HTTP Listener for several virtual servers?

The feature was added in 9.0...for 8.2, you cannot like you have found.

> And one more question: I have read in this doc about acceptor threads for HTTP Listener that "For this reason, the HTTP listeners in the Application Server’s default configuration use 50 acceptor threads." But by default in domain.xml indicated to 5 thread. Where a wrong?

This is a documentation bugs. For 8.2, your should set the
acceptor-threads to 5 for http port, and 50 for http port....I know this
is a mess, but we gonna fix it in GlassFish v3 by introducing Grizzly
configuration element to make sure it properly match its configurable
options.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois