users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Directory deployment in cluster profile

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:36:54 PST

(Those [b]are[/b] large WAR files!)

The fact that directory deployment is supported only for the default server comes from valid issues that would arise in trying to support it more generally. One of the concerns: because the directory is not under the app server's control there is no guarantee that it will be there during the next server restart, for example. The feature's main value comes in speed and adding logic to handle such cases - by copying the files to a GlassFish-controlled directory, for example - slows it down.

I'm not saying this is not possible to do, just that there are always more things that could be done than we have time and people to do. Uses have requested this enhancement before but if I recall correctly its absence has not been as big a problem for them as it is for you.

You may want to open an issue to request this. - I thought someone might have already opened one on this topic but I just searched and didn't find one. I could have missed it.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]