users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Directory deployment in cluster profile

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:10:40 PST

This is a big problem for us since our WAR-files are over 3GB in size and this is outside the limit of what can be handled by the the tools and server. The limit seems to be around 1.5GB.

I think that this limitation is arbitrary and limits legitimate uses of the product since it's supported in the single-node configuration.

Incidentally I made a "dirty-test" by shutting down all nodes and editing all the domain.xml files (domain, node-agent and instance) to make a directory deployment and it works fine. This is ofcourse an unacceptable behavior in real production but was done to prove that the Glassfish server itself doesn't seem to have a limitation in this area, it's an artificial limitation which I believe should be removed.
[Message sent by forum member 'jesper_soderlund' (jesper_soderlund)]