users@glassfish.java.net

reset entity cache but...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:03:04 PST

I have a java Enterprise application on Glassfish + Toplink.
I use servlet and ejb (sessionbean and entity bean).

I need rarely to change database value outside the container and I want to reflect the changes immediately on the container.

I know about toplink.refresh hint but since I need to make database change rarely I don't want to opt out cache performance.

Exist a solution to make refresh only when I want it?
(for example by calling a session bean method thru a servlet when I update the db outside the container..)
[Message sent by forum member 'peppeme' (peppeme)]