users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Scheduled task

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 09:35:49 +0100

Write a resource adapter. In it's start() method, start a timer using
the JCA Timer / Workload API. Using RAFC
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/rafc) that is done in less than one
hour. We are using that in our production-grade enterprise application
to handle even thousands of timers dynamically. In fact, JCA is great
for problems like this one. :-)

Have Fun
Markus