users@glassfish.java.net

Re: favicon location?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 09:10:10 PST

I'm having similar problems, i tried putting the favicon everywhere. in WEB-INF, and top root Web Content directory, in my views directory(where JSP page are, using Spring MVC), and even in the glassfish.. docroot, and no success.

I added these lines to one of my JPS pages in the /view directory...

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

the strange thing is, it works locally but not when i upload the war. I'm thinking it's because locally I do not have the webapp as the default web module for localhost:8080, but on the server I do. Is there something different that must be done when you have the webapp as the default web module?
[Message sent by forum member 'nyte3k' (nyte3k)]