users@glassfish.java.net

Loadbalancer questions

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 07:13:48 PST

All,
    I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to clarify a few questions I have about the loadbalancer support in GlassFish? I think I am confused as to how one goes about setting it up. In the GF admin site, there is a tab for load balancers, but in a bunch of the tutorials it states that you need to setup the lb plugin, and attach it to the Sun Webserver 6.1. Does GF not already contain a webserver? Are the documents old, or in order for it to work properly do I need to go through all those steps?
[Message sent by forum member 's2jcpete' (s2jcpete)]