users@glassfish.java.net

Re: diferent behaviour between GeneratedType.AUTO and GeneratedType.SEQUENC

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:42:37 PST

Hi,

   I'm using GF V2UR1 (TopLink, version: Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0.1 (Build b09d-fcs (12/06/2007))

  Is your code the "official" way to accomplish required-one-to-one-association-with-shared-primary-key or it's just a workaround?

I have 10 applications (.ear) using the same database (same entities) all using AUTO and all running ok . I thought that changing from AUTO to SEQUENCE was simply an "IDE replace all from AUTO to SEQUENCE". As everybody knows, changing code is half-way to introduce bugs.

While reading JPA spec I was sure that changing from AUTO to SEQUENCE was just a matter of taste (performance). I conclude that I was wrong.

  Leandro
[Message sent by forum member 'leandro_komosinski' (leandro_komosinski)]