users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB3 Observer pattern

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 23:47:57 +0100

I was looking everywhere. There is not a single word about how to
invoke EJB3 stateless session bean using @Local interface instead of
serializing/marshaling the message into WSDL WebService or how to
start a process from within session bean, again - without WSDL.
For example here:
https://open-esb.dev.java.net/kb/preview3/ep-javaee-se.html

--first case: Java EE Service Engine As a Service Provider
invoking EJB SLSB via WSDL endpoint from within JBI

--second one: Java EE Service Engine As a Service Consumer
cite: "In this case, the Java EE Service Engine normalizes the SOAP
message that otherwise would have been used in the JAX-WS
communication and sends it to the NMR."

--and of course an example, where JAX-WS (EJB3) is using JMS to get into NMR.

I installed all SOA plugins into NetBeans and I was clicking
everywhere, I was looking for examples and nothing - SOAP, WSDL,
JAX-WS everywhere around! I am loosing hope that JBI can be used to
manage my business process by invoking session beans using @Local
interface passing here and there my plain java objects as method
parameters (read one of my previous post in this thread where I am
talking about the LoanInspectorBean example in my app, to see why I
really do not want my messages to be serialized/marshaled).

Thanks in advance for any help,
Witold Szczerba